I want to talk about the life-changing magic of taking action. Wishing, hoping, and dreaming isn’t going to bring your dreams into reality.
About 9 years ago I started to play with the notion of being self-employed – ok well that’s not true – it’s more like 17 years ago but sometimes things get in the way – big things like becoming a special needs parent which put me on the path of becoming a mental health counselor.
It was in that leg of my journey however, I reaffirmed that being self-employed is the key to me living my life instead of just existing in it.
You see 17 years ago I wanted to make art, write books and help people and was told I couldn’t have the cake and eat it too. And I thought that was a bunch of BS (it is) – but it kept me stuck on living life inside of the box instead of outside of it.
I knew life could be better and different – like it’s that feeling deep within your entire being – but the walls of that box were so thick that it was hard to see the path to get out.
And then 9 years ago I got a glimpse of it being a possibility for me and so the journey began in earnest.
7 years ago I fully committed to being an entrepreneur and only answering to myself. Throughout this journey I have done a ton of freelancing (I sometimes moonlight as a virtual assistant still), I have become certified to lead wellness workshops, made and sold art, wrote and sold books, got certified as a goal success coach, and supported clients.
And every now and again my partner will bring up the dreaded word job – and while I could quite easily get one of those – my entire body is revolting to the notion of it all.
It’s not that my partner is not supportive because he is – he has funded a lot of my shenanigans over the years when I couldn’t, he’s helped me at art events, watched the kids, and send me text messages on those days that are really hard.
And at the end of the day when people ask me what I do, the answer that makes me smile over and over again is: Whatever I want. That’s me having the cake and eating it. All because of the life-changing making of taking action.
I got to thinking this morning that maybe you’re at a point where you could use some encouragement, removal of all of your excuses that are stopping you, some clarity, or a plan of action and some accountability – and I want to help you. I am here to make a difference in this world.
I’ve learned a lot of lessons over the years, especially since becoming an entrepreneur!
- Being self-employed can be a lonely journey. It’s having to face every day the fears, doubts and stories that come up that lead to holding yourself back. It can be really hard doing your own thing when the people around you don’t get what you’re doing, understand your dreams or have no idea how you spend your days.
- People in this world come from different backgrounds and with different values. And when you see all the spammy and sleazy marketing it makes you wonder if you’re the only one left with any kind of integrity. It feels impossible to find people whose values align with yours and that you could learn from.
- Putting yourself out there is scary, scary scary. Traditional marketing and networking for creatives, spiritual people and introverts feels gross and comes with a big UGH! And let’s be honest prompting yourself is hard to begin with, let alone trying to find your people that you can help!
- And yet, despite all thigns, it’s the best thing on earth to work for yourself. There’s nothing better than waking up in the morning on you own time, getting the day stated without rush, htiting the trail for a few hours (or whatever your like to do) before getting the work day started. It’s rewarding to be able to set your own schedule, exciting to help people and do your passion purpose work.
I’ve met the most unconventional and brilliant people which is why I know that I am not alone in this journey.
Looking back it felt like I was the only person forging my own path and even though I came across more and more people doing that as well, it can still feel challenging to find people like you and me.
The kind of people that care, who understand the value of community over competition. The kind of people who know what it feels like to go off the beaten path, to be misunderstood, and wondering if being lonely is just par for the course.
There is life-changing magic of taking action has led me to create the Rebel Incubator.
It’s for you, the person doing what you want to do, starting what you want, or aiming to be able to say “I do whatever I want”! Because let’s be honest for a moment, how many times have you set a goal only to get distracted, have something get in the way, and lose your motivation?
It’s for you if you seek:
- A community to gather and connect with like-minded creative, multi-passionate doing their own thing
- A way to promote, network, and support creative, multi-passionate business owners
- The path to removing the excuses and finding resources that help you keep moving forward
- The confidence to work smarter (not harder) and stay focused on your goal?
- And space that is filled with the support that allows you to grow and expand on your own time in your own way