If there is one thing that we all need on a regular basis, it’s self-care. Cooking is a necessary skill that allows us to stay alive, but it’s also a method of self-care. You might not consider it, but cooking is going to get you the hot meal you want, which nourishes your body and mind. Creating something from ingredients is a huge achievement and those who can cook will find they can love themselves more when they make themselves a meal in the evening.
Whether you are looking at online bakery courses to improve your baking skills, or you want to attend a cordon bleu cookery school, cooking is going to be a game-changer for you as you move through life. Still, stuck on why it’s self-care? Check out the reasons it’s the ultimate act of self-care that you can do for yourself.
- You are going to feed your body. You need to eat to live, that’s just a fact, but what you put into your body really does matter. If you’re smart about the way that you cook for yourself, you can ensure that you are getting the nourishment that you really need. It’s not just about calories; it’s about feeling fuller and more energised.
- Comfort. When you take a class and learn to be a baker, you know how to make your chocolate decadence cake you grew up on. There is a huge comfort in food and it makes sense as it helps us to feed our emotions and our brains. However, food is also something we turn to for solace. Feeling full is a comfortable, secure feeling. Learning to cook will help with that.
- Indulging your creativity. Taking a bunch of meaningless ingredients and making something from them isn’t something everyone can do. It might take you outside your comfort zone, but why not try to make something that others haven’t made for you before? Try new cuisines from other cultures and embrace the unfamiliar. You’ll be shocked how much of your mind is happy to be occupied by the methodical movements that cooking brings to you.
- It’s your time. Learning to cook, the time you give yourself to learn and understand how ingredients marry together? That’s your time. That’s you feeding your brain with new skills and allowing yourself a chance to learn something new. It’s exciting, and it’s something that you should be happy to embrace every single time you stand in the kitchen and cook. This is your time to do something new.
- You can save money. Money brings stress and if you don’t have much of it, you’re going to be worrying about how you can keep the money coming in. When you learn to cook, you learn to utilise your ingredients properly, and this will help you to cook better, smarter and with the best possible ingredients.
Cooking is soothing for the mind, body, and soul. Learning is exciting, and you can choose to do that right now.
21 Day Self-Love Challenge
This is for you because you are ready to target the most basic but effective elements of self-care. It is a great way to be motivated for consistency and see the amazing benefits that putting the effort into yourself has to offer.