Welcome to the April 2022 Life + Biz Review! Since doing the quarterly review and reflecting on the goals I set at the beginning of the year I’ve been thinking that doing a monthly update would probably be good too! I am a fan of being transparent about things but also want to help acknowledge that not everyone’s dreams and goals are the same. Some people dream of Bali, others dream of metal festivals – both of them equally good.
You can check out my daily accountability in the Den Community to join in and follow along with daily actions to help you get closer to your goals. You don’t have to do all the things in one day, but doing just a little bit at a time will lead you to your results!
What am I doing in this life?
Since deciding to sell my art at events again this year, I have solidly booked myself just about every month. In the past when I did in-person events, I did them every single week and quickly burned out. I realize that by doing bigger events (bigger as in more foot traffic) I am still accomplishing the same thing really and it’s allowing me more focused time on creating my art and also still supporting my client. One of my biggest goals has always been to be able to run two businesses in a way that makes sense to me and it seems I have sorted that out.
And speaking of running two businesses, over the summer I will have my son interning as a virtual assistant to learn some of the things I do – and due to his disabilities, I am being mindful of deciding what tasks to choose and ease him into some of the tasks. He’s on his journey of becoming independent and life + business skills are now our priority as he graduates high school and is transitioning to post-high for just that focus for a few years.
One of the main focuses of my business this year is to grow my email list. I am currently looking for speakers for the Rebel Shine Summit that is happening in June – and also added additional events to collaborate on. You can check those out here! If you want to speak, participate in a giveaway, and teach – and help people in their life + business journey – join one or all of those events!
But my life isn’t just about business – although if you were to be a fly on the wall I am all about doing the things. Like deciding to write my next book. It’s been in the making for some time but at the beginning of April, I decided to really make it a priority and work on it day by day, so I am currently working on the meat of it all while also formulating in my head on how to format it – but the time I am done writing it, I am sure it’ll be more clear to me. If you’ve ever thought about writing a book but you are not sure where to start – check out this Write a Book Planner!
I know there is a lot of talk of life-work balance in this world and as I am doing this April 2022 Life + Biz Review, I realize that my life probably looks like just work and I am not hating it. My partner and I want to finish renovating the house we are currently in so we can make it a rental and we are looking at land with acreage that we can invest in now and then build on later – we are looking for at least 10 acres minimum but closer to 20+ acres. My goal is to definitely be more self-sustaining when it comes to our food resources – which means we need a place for a garden. I also want to make my childhood dream come true by having a few horses – which I think will also be good for my son.
So my focus is on growing my businesses but I also feel like when you do what you love, it’s not really work. I get to make art every day, I get to support people working towards their goals – I can’t imagine not doing any of it or only part of it.
But seriously, not everything is about my work in my life – one of the artists that had been on my living list is Bon Jovi and when I heard he went on tour earlier this year, I had mentioned it to my partner – you know a not so subtle hint. And it was everything!
He booked a hotel adjacent to the venue so all we had to do was walk over. But before the show, we went to the BLT Steak, and OMG that food was so delicious! Growing up, herb butter on my steak was pretty normal but I hadn’t had that in years since moving to the US and I was delightfully surprised that this was a thing!
The show was wonderful and I am so glad that I was able to see Bon Jovi in concert!
We also went to visit friends of ours! When you make friends nurturing relationships can be challenging – especially if they live a few hours away. But when you find your people, you do what you need to do right? And if you don’t have friends that grill steak and lobster tail, gosh I don’t even know what you’re going with your life! Seriously though, have friends and nurture that friendship – I can’t wait to see them again in a few months!
So now that things have settled with fun activities, it is time for me to focus on creating things that I can sell at events – it’s a learning curve of what will or will not do well – and then of course supporting my people here at The Rebels Den with my current offerings here!
My ongoing goals are:
- Create 2 new Wood-Burning Tutorials a month – this is definitely ongoing work in progress
- Work on Guitar Cut out Wood-Burning that will be a special gift – not yet started
Learn the Cricut and make things
- Create 2 Crochet Patterns a month – not yet started
- Make art that excites me and brings me joy – ongoing work in progress
- Get healthier – ongoing work in progress
- Get more active – ongoing work in progress
- Complete 2022 Miles – I am at 459 miles and yeah I’ve fallen a bit behind due to a sprain injury on my left ankle. Fun.
- Hike once a month – not yet started
- Annual Physical – to be scheduled
- Cut out processed food – ongoing work in progress. I’ve added Obvi into my daily regimen for more protein and some additional supplements such as protein collagen and the whey protein shake.
- Get wills done – not yet started
- Spend time with kids/grandkids
- Declutter of things we don’t need or use – ongoing work in progress
- Renovate each room – starting with the bathroom – ongoing work in progress
- Replace Wood Siding on the outside – started as we had to evict a squirrel from the walls.
- Paint House exterior – not yet started
PHILANTHROPY + ACTIVISM
- Donate Animal Art to Wildlife Center for Auction – – not yet started
- Donate to Urea Cycle Foundation – ongoing work in progress
- Increase net worth to $X – ongoing work in progress and I am already ahead from last year
- Invest in a property – not yet started
Set up Profit First– I am so excited to have my accounts set up!
- Reduce Debt – ongoing work in progress
TRAVEL + ADVENTURES
See Bon Jovi in Concert in April– that was such a great time.
- Camping at the Beach
- Dino Park with the grandkids
- Camping Trip with my partner
- Metal in the Mountains Music Festival (I’m a sponsor)
- Iron Maiden Concert in October
Review funnels + update as needed for current offers Sign up as a Vendor at Markets + Festivals to sell Art
- Rebel Incubator – I did a complete change in this. I no longer offer a membership but do 3-months intensive with all of my programs included!
Weekly YouTube Video – this has been scratched. I am getting ready to launch a Podcast and that feels better!
- Grow the Pyrography Academy – ongoing work in progress
- Kick off the Crochet Academy
- Grow Rebel Handmade + launch Membership – ongoing work in progress
- Work with 100 clients one-on-one in 2022 – ongoing work in progress
- Get My Rebel Goals onto Amazon – it’s been a challenge formatting it
Map out 2022 Content
- Write my next book – this just got added in April and is in progress
Alright, that is it for the April 2022 Life + Biz Review.
Let’s make things happen!