Are you ready to set goals in 2023? It’s the time of year when everyone is talking about goals and resolutions. I’ve not felt excited about doing any such thing and it dawned on me that I am simply bored with life in general – not the work I do but just everything feels a bit meh. And as I was journaling this morning, I took the time to write about what I want to achieve in this upcoming year.
I am dealing with some medical uncertainty but hopefully have good test results coming in so that I can focus on my health, which I have made a priority this year.
As I was pondering my goals in 2023 I thought maybe you too have had a tough time getting into the groove of things. I want to add there isn’t a timeline anyone has to follow. If you don’t think this is the right time to set any goals, don’t.
But if you’d like to explore some options here are a few potential goals you could set for 2023:
- Improve your physical health: This could involve setting specific goals related to exercise, such as running a certain distance or lifting a certain amount of weight.
- Enhance your mental well-being: This could include practicing mindfulness, setting aside time for self-care, or seeking therapy to work on any issues you might be facing.
- Learn a new skill or hobby: This could be anything from learning to play a musical instrument to take up a new sport or craft.
- Advance your career: This could involve setting specific goals related to your job, such as getting a promotion or learning a new skill that will help you be more successful in your career.
- Grow your personal relationships: This could involve spending more quality time with friends and family, or working on improving communication and connection with your loved ones.
- Travel to new places: If you enjoy exploring new places, you might set a goal to visit a certain number of new destinations in 2023.
Remember, the most important thing is to choose goals that are meaningful to you and that you are motivated to work towards. If you want some more guidance, sign up for my goal-setting tool kit below.