Developing an abundance mindset is understanding the signs and the meaning for when scarcity mindset emerges and when an abundance mindset is present. This is where you can acknowledge the changes you want to make about your perspective!
There are 17 ways you can create an abundance mindset starting today:
- Be aware of your thoughts. Take the time to notice what type of thoughts you are having. Then make a conscious effort to shift them to an abundant one. You can do this by writing them down or asking a friend. Ask yourself what you need to do to shift your mindset.
- Practice gratitude. This is a powerful and widely used tool for creating abundance. According to Oprah Winfrey, “If you look at what you have in life, you will always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you will never have enough.”
Keep a gratitude journal. Write down what you are grateful for every day. Try to list at least 10 items. You can always list the simple things if you get stuck, like the bed you sleep in, a hot shower, the chance to be alive another day.
- Be aware of the unlimited possibilities around you. Don’t focus too intently on one thing and overlook other options, which may be more viable. Practice clearing your mind to see more possibilities. You may want to use meditation strategies or other focusing strategies to help you.
- Use abundance affirmations. Use positive affirmations to improve your mindset, attitude, thought process, expectations, and experiences. Make a list of your fears regarding a specific problem. Write down what you fear. Next, look at the fear and identify the positive outcomes that support more abundance.
- Limit your time on social media, the television, and digital devices. Excessive screen-time contributes to feelings of inadequacy and other negative feelings. Regain your energy by mentally and physically taking control. Physically, take action and do things you enjoy that keep you moving around.
- Get organized in every area of your life. Being mentally or physically cluttered makes you lose track of what you have, forcing you to feel like you are living in scarcity. Organize everything so you can see clearly what you have and know that you already have more than you need.
- Adopt a beginner’s mindset. A “beginner’s mindset” consists of having an open and eager attitude, without preconceived notions. Adopt this attitude to enhance your creativity and ability to see things in a new way. Learn something new that makes you slightly uncomfortable. It can be a new skill, hobby, passion, or project.
- Share with others. Enhance the lives of others around you. It gives you a feeling of fulfillment to share with family, friends, and strangers.
- Give up the obsession to always win. Realize there is always plenty to go around. You don’t have to feel like you’re in competition with others.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. You’re not in a competition with anyone else. You don’t have to have everything they do to be liked, loved, and needed. Instead focus on spending time thinking about who you want to be and start enhancing your skills, improving yourself, to attract the related types of abundance.
- Be aware of what you say and how you say it. The language you use to talk to yourself and others, shapes your reality. Notice what you are saying about your experience and beliefs when you are engaged in any kind of conversation. If you find yourself talking about something you can’t be, do or have, stop yourself.
- Take care of your health. Although you can’t do much about genetic factors, your behavior is in your hands. Improve your environment by keeping it clean, washing your hands often, make healthy lifestyle choices, exercise, get enough rest and fun, eat healthy foods.
- Continue to learn. Grow and educate yourself with specialized knowledge, expert knowledge, and general or practical knowledge that you can use in multiple areas of your life.
- Increase your intelligence factor. This includes common sense, emotional intelligence, social intelligence, verbal intelligence, and cognitive intelligence, as well as many others. This helps you steer clear of stress, negativity, emotional problems, and irrational thinking.
- Face your fear. Fear is a scarcity mindset. It is obstructive and keeps you buried in your comfort zone. When you find yourself not doing something out of fear, force yourself to at least try (unless it’s a rational fear because it’s dangerous). Cultivate confidence, courage, and self-esteem to face your problems. The more your face your fears, the more confidence you’ll gain.
- Develop a growth mindset. Entertain your curiosity about other people and other experiences. Ask someone every day about their life, their goals, and how they are going to pursue them. Listen to others when they talk, instead of talking about yourself or your life.
- Focus on what is going well. Notice what is going right. Look at a problem or area that doesn’t seem to be going right but focus on what is actively going right about the situation or event. Then brainstorm ways to support that part. Open your mind and think of inventive ways to solve the problem.
Developing an abundance mindset can be done with consistency and believing it will happen. Focus on your thoughts, actions, fears, and how you react to events. Then make changes when you find yourself reacting from a place of scarcity.
Get access to the Goal Setting Toolkit
Inside the Rebel Goal Setting tool kit, you will get access to the mini-course that gives you a roadmap to set, plan and achieve your goals. You will receive the tools to help you break your goals down and to make it easy.