Want to achieve your goals and embrace life, then you have to face the stories you are telling yourself and rewrite the patterns of your thoughts
It wasn’t until 2008 that I realized the stories I kept hanging onto were dictating the outcome of my life. I didn’t know that hanging onto the belief systems would keep me struggling!
So what changed?
My son, during his recovery from transplant surgery, yelled out one night in a whisper:
Save me, mommy, save me.
He was 5 years old, fighting for his life after unpredictable complications. As things stabilized I started to reflect on my life. And I had the second scariest thought in my life:
I needed to walk on the level of my soul.
This meant letting go of all the stories and belief patterns that I so carefully packaged up and stored within me. I allowed all of the thoughts and beliefs I had about myself to be the dictator of my being.
I don’t fit it
I’m too different
I’m not good enough
I’m not smart enough
I don’t deserve the life I wanted
And I found plenty of reasons why all of this was accurate.
If you are looking for validation of why your old stories, thought patterns, and belief systems are true, have no doubt, you will find them!
In the core of my being, I believed that I wasn’t worthy of the goodness I craved no matter how hard I worked, how kind I was and the norms that I followed.
in the storm of my son’s recovery, I knew I needed to step out of the shadows of the stories that I told myself. And it was difficult recognizing just how much I clung to everything I thought to be true. It was like my life depended on the stories, thoughts, and beliefs.
So how did I – and how can you release what is holding you back?
- Create a timeline of events to help you paint a picture of your life, the events that shaped you, which are neither good or bad.
- Write out how each event impacted your life and the messages you’ve carried forward.
- Become a detective on how every decision you ever made was influenced by those events.
- Recognize that you are NOT the events and messages no the stories that came out of those.
- Write a list of everything you have learned because of the events. Add all the reasons why you are a better human because of those events.
- Write about each event again and see how you allowed those stories, belief patterns and thoughts to be accurate.
- Choose to release all the crud that has held you back and decide to create new stories, thoughts and belief patterns.
You can choose what you believe.
You can choose how to act or react.
You can choose the thoughts you want to think.
It’s how I literally went from being a foster kid reject to being a foster kid success.
Through the release, I was able to let go of
- The struggle
- The frustrations
- The pain
I embraced who I am by feeing into my life and allowed myself to choose ease, action, and okayness.
And isn’t it time that you choose what feels good to you?
Isn’t it time that you release whatever is holding you back?
you’re one decision away!
P.S. It’s time to release the need to have a challenging life and time to embrace you.
If you’re ready and your soul is ready, then join me in The Gathering.
The Gathering is a 3-months mastermind, where mindset meets strategy meets guidance on how owning your own power and unleash yourself is the recipe for Creative Rebels and Passionate who are done living in a box and have the support of a community.
Isn’t it time you embrace life?