Ever wonder why you are encouraged to create a list?
If you are a creative and dreamer, you may or may not jump from project to project and not ever really finishing any one things. And then you get overwhelmed and so you stop. And when you stop, you get stagnant and when you are stagnant, you are frustrated.
I used to not ever write anything down when it comes to my dreams and goals or the important things I needed to do to keep my family organized and myself of course.
For the last 6 years or so I started journaling more consistently but more importantly started making lists of all the things that I want to do and need to do.
Here are a 5 reasons of the reasons you should create a list can actually help you get stuff done, but also prioritize your project
- Writing down your to-do’s and you must have’s (think shopping) will allow you to get a lot of stuff done and manage your time and you will not forget to pick up dinner.
- Writing down your goals and action lists to go along with them, gives you a nudge to getting them completed. It creates a visual piece and increases the likelihood of getting the tasks done.
- Further, creating lists will help you relieve stress. As you write down all the things that need to get done will absolutely give you a sense of relief because bigger goals are broken down into smaller goals. Further, as you start to cross things off the list, you will feel accomplished and less overwhelmed.
- Your lists will make your long-term goals more realistic and your short-term goals more achievable. Ever had a dream and thought you couldn’t make it happen but then you wrote it down. And once you wrote it down, your brain just got seriously going and created opportunities for you to move towards the goal.
- Lists help you prioritize and get done the most important tasks first. When you write down the things to do, you evaluate what step to take first and in what order you should take them.
But let’s be honest, sometimes just writing a list isn’t enough. My Goal Workbook can help you get over the hurdle that keeps you stuck.
Get access to the Goal Setting Toolkit
Inside the Rebel Goal Setting tool kit, you will get access to the mini-course that gives you a roadmap to set, plan and achieve your goals. You will receive the tools to help you break your goals down and to make it easy.